Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sorry, I'm awful ^^

So, we are four days in Nano, and I think I have posted only one blog post. Sorry, I am awful, I know. But I thought I was goint to write a short, quick one, filled with typos and incorrect grammar and all that good stuff.
I have so many excuses, but mainly me trying to juggle school, social life (on minor scale, of course ^^), my pets - that I usually love, but for the moment are mostly draining my time and energy away from me - and Nano. And in difference from the amazing Amanda (I hate her... she's making me feel bad) I am a reeeaaally slow writer, partly because I suck, partly because of my perfectionism. I am serious, I have big problem with Writers Block, a.k.a. Writers Angst. 

While Amanda managed to write almost 7k words on the first two days, I just wrote 6,7 today, and I have been writing everyday... And her writing is usually much better than mine, so I can't even say that it is quality before quantity.

But so far everything is going well. I am not as quick as I hoped, but I know for sure that if I put my mind into it I can do my choirs, homeworks, and the daily goal (barely) AND I think that my story is going pretty well...

No, that was a lie. Not the manage-the-daily-goal thing, but the my-story-is-going-well part. It sucks.
But I am having so much fun, so it's definatelly worth it.

Also, plot bunnies are killing me! I just wanna snuggle with them all, and I have to force myself to think of my current plot when I go to bed, or taking the bus or whatever I am doing that would be a perfect opportunity to plan my story. But no, my mind wanders away to the thing I am going to write next. Rawr.

Sorry for short post, I will try to do a longer one tomorrow.
- Xyssify


No comments:

Post a Comment