Sunday, November 18, 2012

Shit happened

You know, shit happens, and this time it did.

I have been gone for a good while now, and I don't have a good reason really.
I got the stomach flu, like two weeks ago, and it took soo long getting rid of it! For a whole freacking week I felt bad. I could barely leave the bathroom. Not exactly the perfect mood for writing. And when I came back to school my teachers decided to drown me with homeworks and test, while things happened at home, and I actually started to get a social life. None of them would have been hard on their own, but mix them together and things... yeah, things will not work out the way you planned.

But the part that really made me abandon the writing (and this blog) was the pressure. Studying is mostly unnecessary for me, so it was mostly an excuse for not writing. I suddenly felt like a failure whenever I opened the document and tried to force out some words. Writing stopped being fun, simple as that. I still find opening the document and start writing hard, and I am forcing myself to write this post, but I have decided that I can't pretend that I don't want to write and hide from it. Why? 'Cuz I really do love writing and I know that it will be wonderful and great and blah blah, once I start again. And if I let myself quit, it will be another hobby on the list with things I stopped doing just because of some minor obstacles. And I hate that list, I really do. If we see it like this, if I keep quitting doing everything that might turn into a failure, my life will be a big fail and I might wake up one day hating it.
So I am starting Nano again, even though I actually played with the thought of quitting.
Today I can't, but it doesn't matter if I fail on the Tuesday test, I AM writing tomorrow (I wish I could do it now, otherwise there is a tiny - or rather huge - chance that I won't to it tomorrow either). Screw studying, I know that I will do good on the test anyways xD.

Basically, big tips for NaNoWriMo, make sure you don't get sick if you're like me, and quits when it gets hard.

I hope your Nano is going great, and that if you're thinking of giving up - DON'T! The real goal with NaNoWriMo is pushing yourself, nothing else, and as long as you can say that you did tried your best, you ARE winning, because that is the point of the competition. Not reaching 50k. So don't give up (y)

Hugs and kisses from the cheesy Xyssify that drops by once in a while.

(Btw, thank you Liam, aka Litteradge, for your video, Do It Anyway, otherwise I would not have heard that one.)
(Oh, and this was probably filled with typos and bad grammar, I am so tired right now -.-)

No comments:

Post a Comment