Monday, October 29, 2012

Preparing for Nano

Two days left, today and tomorrow, and I'm so hyped :3
Amanda has been working on this blogg, fixin' the sidebars and stuff, the only thing I did was writing about myself... And writing this post of course ^^

I'm still in the planning stage... And with planning I'm of course talking about reading every single post on nano's forum. Or watching Game of Thrones (I've already seen every episode... twice... Nerd warning ^^). But I mean, there's still time. Two days. It's like an eternity.

Amanda mentioned that I had kinda, almost a plot. I do, I do. It's just that I don't know if I CAN write what I'm planning to write. If the mayor events are possible, or if I would babble about laws and environments that doesn't even exist. Man, fantasy is easier that way... And I'm still not sure about alot, and it just feels like I'm taking on a bit too much with trying to do this (for me) new genre while I'm trying to write 50k words in 30 days. Maybe I should change the plot. Maybe I should change the genre. It's just that I don't have any other good ideas... 

I'm also prepering for the Nano otherways. Like stocking up with chocolate and other sweets, still trying to find te (why aren't there any good types of te here in Germany?), or atleast sending my mom to find it, and prepering the music. Music is important when I write. The right kind of music blocks out the rest of the world and gives me ideas for plots, dialogues and moods. Of course, when I'm having writers block (a.k.a. to ashamed over my writing to continue) I'll just end up singing along if the music has lyrics, so I avoid that sort of music when my brain is going on writing strike. I usually end up listening to Vangelis, or the soundtrack to movies and games.

If anyones out there is reading this, are you doing the Nano's this year? Are you looking forward to it? And do you listen to music when you're writing? Do tell, I would love some comments (pwetty please?)

All from me I guess, see ya.
-Xyssify

No comments:

Post a Comment