Monday, October 29, 2012

Ploting Plots

It's now... two days? Or three? left until NaNoWriMo officially starts and all the writers are supposed to start writing like crazy. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of authors/people out there that are going crazy waiting for that day, but in the meantime - we've got a problem over here.

I can't think of anything to write! Really it's just catastraphos and really bad of me, I know. But as much as I'm really, really excited over this (and I am, believe me) I'm also really, really stuck. It's not like a complete case of writers block, because I do have some flighty ideas of what I want to write and a couple of properly developed plot-lines already sketched upon - but it just doesn't feel quite right.

If I'm going to spend a whole month on this story, writing about 120 pages, then it needs to be good. Or really bad, the quality doesn't really matter. But it has to be a story I like writing, right? Or else I'll just have my little Guilt Monkey laughing at me while she finishes her project brilliantly and makes it into the hall of fame, probably getting published and then winning the Nobel-prize. Or something like that. (We wish, haha)

Speaking of the other Guilty Monkey (Xyssify) I think she has some ideas on what she wants to write at least. She showed me some storylines two days ago, but she doesn't seem to be sure about it. (Right now I'm secretly happy about being as far behind when it comes to a plot as she is, but don't tell her!) Anyways, wish us good luck - that would be nice - and I hope your NaNoWriMo-novel is going great. If you have one, that is.

Hugs and kisses (or something like that)

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment